JULY 20th, 2021
There is nothing tastier that our Mumma’s Chicken Nibbles - For many years, Lynda (our mum) made her famous Honey chicken nibbles for family dinners. We knew as soon as we got home from school that she was cooking them because the smell just instantly hit our spot of happiness and excitement.
They are delicious, they were sweet and sticky, they are mouth-watering and always left us fighting over who got to take the leftovers to school the next day.
However, we were never allowed to know the recipe! Mum kept it top secret from us all and would say ‘If I tell ya ill have to kill ya’. Even once we all moved out, she still would not let go of this secret recipe.
So here we have it, Lynda’s Top Secret Honey Chicken Nibble Recipe – exclusively for you!
1kg Chicken Nibbles
Creating the top secret sauce:
Mix the below into your chosen jar, to create your ‘special sauce’
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Manuka South Mānuka Blend
½ tbsp sesame oil
2 gloves crushed garlic
Blend all into a jar
Let's get cooking:
- In a bowl, marinade the chicken nibbles with your special sauce, ensure you have mixed it over all the chicken nibbles.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and store in fridge for 2 hours
- Remove and place into oven tray, ensuring they are separated.
- Cook on 180℃ for approximately 30 minutes
- Turn each nibble throughout the process to ensure chicken is cooked evenly
- Once they are cooked through, and look brown and crispy, remove from oven
- Let rest for 5mins
- Drizzle over 1-2 tbsp of extra Manuka South Mānuka Blend
The final touches:
- Sprinkle over 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Squeeze over lemon juice
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t these sound delicious?
Manuka South Mānuka Blend
Mainly sourced from the Central South Island of New Zealand, and known for its bold taste and silky texture, our premium Mānuka honey blend offers a delicious taste of the hive. Sourced from remote locations throughout New Zealand, all our premium Mānuka honey is the best quality product our country has to offer.