Mānuka Honey Banana Bread
Ah, the comforting aroma of freshly baked banana bread wafting through the house. But what if you could elevate this classic treat with the health-boosting properties of mānuka honey? Introducing our Mānuka Honey Banana Bread, a delicious twist on a timeless favourite. This recipe is mouth-wateringly good and packed with the unique health benefits of mānuka honey.
The Health Benefits of Mānuka Honey
Mānuka honey isn't your average honey. Sourced from the nectar of the mānuka tree native to New Zealand, this honey is a powerhouse of health benefits. Its antibacterial properties are renowned, making it excellent for wound healing and oral health.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Recipe makes: 1 loaf
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Mānuka Honey
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, or fresh banana slices
- Set your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the oil and mānuka honey in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, followed by the mashed bananas and milk.
(If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Whisk in the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using a big spoon, gently fold the flour until combined. If you're adding any optional mix-ins, fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
Our Mānuka Honey Banana Bread is more than just a tasty treat; it's a healthful indulgence. The unique properties of mānuka honey add not only flavour but also a host of health benefits. So the next time you're in the mood for banana bread, why not give this recipe a try?